Playgroup at Home
Playgroup Australia has taken playgroups online to continue creating a village through play.
Playgroup at Home is a national playgroup initiative which invites families, playgroup volunteers, children’s educators, entertainers and authors to share ideas for play, health and wellbeing, and to support opportunities to reduce the impact of isolation across our community.
Together, we can create a safe and engaging space where everyone can play, share, connect and grow. Join your local Playgroup at Home community on facebook and discover inspiration for craft, imaginative play, outdoor play, physical play, sensory play, literacy and numeracy, health and wellbeing, and much more. Discover your Playgroup at Home village.
Belonging, being and becoming, with Playgroup!
Right from birth babies start to express themselves. They will absorb the world around them and who they are throughout their lives. It’s incredible to engage with babies and small children as they explore this sense of being. We often wonder what sort of personality will they develop? How much of you, your families and the world around them will mould their character? This month we encourage you to explore all kinds of differences whether cultural, physical or creative – to have conversations that are open and celebratory of who you are individually and who you are together.
Art and cultural explorations:
- Listen to and create different types of music and instruments.
- Share traditional foods and snacks. Involve children in smelling, sampling and exploring foods, textures and recipes.
- Dress up and imagine different places in the world and their traditions.
- Discover new languages out loud and through craft.
- Let children express themselves and their family through creative collage and art.
Have other ideas? Share them with us on social media.