About the Project
Declaration on Playgroup
As part of developing a National Declaration on Playgroup, Playgroup Australia along with our National Advisory Group, are seeking stories past and present. Your voices, alongside traditional research will form a strong evidence base for playgroup, and support our ongoing advocacy for children and families.
- Raise the voice of playgroup children
- Activate community understanding and highlight the value of playgroup
- Gather stories of impact of playgroup participation
- Gather existing evidence, artefacts etc., about the impact of playgroup that may contribute to the literature review.
- The consultation will:
- Inform development of the declaration; and
- Provide material that can be used to promote the declaration
“There is no replacement for connecting face to face, allowing children to develop social skills and interactions in a supportive environment. Friendships begin through cups of tea and sharing picnics, whilst children explore and discover themselves, each other and the world around them.” – Playgroup parent, Victoria